WHO WE ARE
Boozing Abroad is a travel blog operating at the web address: https://boozingabroad.com.
It is written and managed by Samantha and Chris Caputo who can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to the newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Social Warfare – this service is used to all users to share Website content on user’s social channels. Social Warfare will connect using the user’s social channels, but no information is stored on the Website.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
SSL Certificate – is a service provided and installed through SiteGround, our web host. HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website you are connected to. The “S” at the end of HTTPS stands for “Secure” meaning all communication between your browser and the Website are encrypted.
Akismet – This anti-spam plugin is used on Boozing Abroad to protect against spam. Akismet collects information about visitors who comment on sites that use the Akismet anti-spam service. The information they collect depends on how Boozing Abroad has set up Akismet for this Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
From time to time, Boozing Abroad works with travel brands and tourism boards in order to experience and promote specific destinations, activities, accommodations, etc. Sometimes we receive compensation as a result of these partnerships which can be in the form of cash, free activities, tours, accommodation, etc.
Regardless of who foots the bill, we will always provide you with honest and unbiased opinions of said experiences. When we partner with outside brands, we always retain full editorial control and we will never work with brands we do not personally believe in or support. Everything recommended to you is something we personally use/do/have done/believe in ourselves.
All such partnerships are disclosed in each relevant blog post.
All content and images on this site are the intellectual property of Samantha and Chris Caputo, the site owners, unless otherwise stated, and all rights are reserved.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify me at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amend – You may contact me at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact me immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
From time to time, the Website may engage in affiliate marketing. This means that if you use an affiliate link to make a purchase, the Website will receive a commission on that purchase. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.
Boozing Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise stated, all written content on this site is owned by Boozing Abroad and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or the materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Site without prior permission. You may, however, download, print, and/or share one copy of individual pages of the Site for non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
At any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to this Privacy and Disclosure Policy.
Last updated: July 23rd, 2021.